Total Page Views

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Preview of my book

Below is a preview of my book! Hope you like it!


Escaping is not an easy task. For one, I’m leaving thousands of people I love behind. Second, I have about a dozen high-powered killing machines aimed at my head. I thought I was being smart by fleeing into the dense woods of Kilgalon at night, but I guess my planning skills weren't the best.
"You are the worst plan-maker, Ellabee," my partner-in-crime, Nickoy, whispers as we run as if our lives depend on it (which they do).
"You didn't have to come. I’m a big girl, I can handle it," I pant as we sprint.
"I have no choice now. We're in this together." Nickoy grabs my hand. I feel warmth, hope. I soon realize I’m blushing, although he probably can't tell because my face is already red with exhaustion. I drop his hand.
He knows I never would've gone without him. The Kilgalonese woods are really dangerous. It's so nice to have a man around to protect you from--SMACK!!
I had hit a tree branch face-first, full-speed. I scramble around on all fours to find my glasses are missing. How could I be so stupid? I must've been too busy thinking about Nickoy. A guy I've known my entire life, whom I could have thought about at any time, and I choose now to do it?
"Looking for these?" Nickoy dangles my glasses in front of my face. I look into his eyes. His big, beautiful blue eyes. Time slows down. I regain my bearings and get up, my eyes never leaving his. We stand looking at each other.
"Ella, do you want these or not?" I snap back to reality.
"Th-thanks. We better get going," and we run off into darkness.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice so far! I can't wait to read the real book. If her eyes were so blue and beautiful, maybe Nickoy shouldn't have picked up those glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete